30 to 34 blush or red cherries, pitted and halved
8 ounces fresh, soft goat cheese, room temperature
2 to 3 tablespoons of minced chives
3 tablespoons honey
½ cup pistachios, shelled and roughly crushed
1. Heat the oven to 350.
2. Place the cherries in a single layer on a baking pan with a rim and roast for 15 to 20 minutes. They should remain firm. Set aside to cool.
3. Whip the cheese and chives with an egg-beater or a fork until it is a soft, pliable consistency.
4. Mound a large dollop into four serving dishes or bowls, making a cavity in the center or each mound.
5. Distribute the cherries on top of each mound.
6. Drizzle with the honey.
7. Sprinkle with the crushed nuts.