Recipe by Anna Gill
30 to 34 blush or red cherries, pitted and halved
8 ounces fresh, soft goat cheese, room temperature
2 to 3 tablespoons of minced chives
3 tablespoons honey
½ cup pistachios, shelled and roughly crushed
1. Heat the oven to 350.
2. Place the cherries in a single layer on a baking pan with a rim and roast for 15 to 20 minutes. They should remain firm. Set aside to cool.
3. Whip the cheese and chives with an egg-beater or a fork until it is a soft, pliable consistency.
4. Mound a large dollop into four serving dishes or bowls, making a cavity in the center or each mound.
5. Distribute the cherries on top of each mound.
6. Drizzle with the honey.
7. Sprinkle with the crushed nuts.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.