Serves: 4 to 6
½ cup rice vinegar
½ cup water
4 large garlic cloves, pressed or minced
10 pounds spareribs, cut into individual ribs
1 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoon Chinese chili-garlic sauce
1. Prepare your grill to a medium low flame.
2. Combine vinegar, water and garlic in a small bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the hoisin sauce, ginger, soy and chili sauces together.
4. Spray the ribs on both sides with spray oil.
5. Grill the spareribs until golden brown, brushing frequently with the garlic mixture and turning occasionally, about 25 minutes.
6. Switch the vinegar garlic basting sauce with the hoisin, ginger soy and chili sauce. Baste the ribs and continue grilling for another 8 to 10 minutes. Basting and turning occasionally. When the ribs are a deep ruddy brown they are ready to be served.
7. Serve with the remaining hoisin, ginger, chili sauce for dipping.