Recipe by Anna Gill
1 ripe pineapple (if a center spikey leaf can be readily extracted, it’s ripe)
½ cup bourbon
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
Vanilla ice cream, optional
1. Trim, core and cut the pineapple into eighths.
2. Mix the bourbon and the vanilla in a re-sealable plastic bag.
3. Add the pineapple pieces to the bag and allow the pineapple to marinate for at least 1 and up to 3 hours.
4. Prepare your grill for medium high heat.
5. Place the pineapple pieces directly on the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook again for 3 to 4 minutes. Continue until all cut sides have been exposed directly on the grill.
6. Serve as is or with a scoop of ice cream.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.