1 ripe pineapple (if a center spikey leaf can be readily extracted, it’s ripe)
½ cup bourbon
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
Vanilla ice cream, optional
1. Trim, core and cut the pineapple into eighths.
2. Mix the bourbon and the vanilla in a re-sealable plastic bag.
3. Add the pineapple pieces to the bag and allow the pineapple to marinate for at least 1 and up to 3 hours.
4. Prepare your grill for medium high heat.
5. Place the pineapple pieces directly on the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook again for 3 to 4 minutes. Continue until all cut sides have been exposed directly on the grill.
6. Serve as is or with a scoop of ice cream.