Recipe by Anna Gill
24 – 28 large ripe strawberries, washed, drained and hulled
8-9 water-soaked wooden skewers
½ cup thick balsamic vinegar
Shredded basil or mint for garnish
1. Prepare grill for medium heat.
2. Thread the wooden skewers with the berries.
3. Place the berry skewers on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Turn the skewers over and repeat.
5. Place the skewers on a serving dish and drizzle the berries with balsamic vinegar.
6. Sprinkle with the basil or mint and serve.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.