Serves 4 to 6
Wooden skewers soaked in water for an hour.
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled
¼ cup flat-leaf parsley
Salt and pepper
1 lb. shitake mushrooms (3 to 5 inches in diameter, cleaned leaving 1 inch of stem)
1. Preheat grill at a medium low setting.
2. Place oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a mini-processor and pulse until all forms a liquid-y paste.
3. Thread shitakes onto skewers through the remaining inch of stem.
4. Brush both sides of the mushrooms with the oil basted paste.
5. Grill mushrooms until the edges begin to curl and the meat yields easily to a spare skewer. Brush the top of each mushroom with the oil paste. Turn and repeat the process.
6. Cool slightly, then serve warm.