1½ quarts cold water
⅓ cup Kosher salt
4 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar
2 -¾ to 1 ½ inch thick loin pork chops
Spray olive oil
Salt & fresh ground pepper
⅔ cup apricot and honey jelly, melted
4 -6 long sprigs rosemary
- Combine salt and brown sugar in cold water inside a large re-sealable plastic bag. Manipulate until the salt and sugar has dissolved.
- Add the pork chops to the brine and re-seal pressing out as much air as possible. Leave in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, up to 3 hours.
- Remove chops from the brine. Dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Spray chops with a light coating of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill for 10 minutes on high. Turn grill down to medium and place rosemary springs on the grill.
- Place chops on the grill on top of the rosemary sprigs and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the chops and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Turn the chops again and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes per side, depending on the size.
- Move chops to a platter. Coat with melted jelly on both sides. Tent platter with aluminum foil and let chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.