Recipe by Anna Gill
1 lemon, juiced
1-2 quarts of cold water
4 large ripe pears
4 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
6 tablespoons spicy dark rum
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Make a lemon-water acidulated bath in a bowl large enough to hold the pears as well.
2. Peel pears, cut them in half lengthwise and remove all seeds and stem with a corer.
3. Place the pears in the lemon-water bath immediately (this can be done to this point hours in advance).
4. Mix the honey, butter and rum together and set aside.
5. Prepare the grill for medium heat.
6. Drain the pears and pat dry.
7. Place the pears rounded side down on the grill and grill for 4 to 6 minutes, depending on the size. Turn the pears over and repeat the process.
8. Place the pears on a serving dish and sprinkle with the freshly ground pepper
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.