1 recipe Jalapeno/Ginger/Lime Butter
½ stick. unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons finely minced jalapeno chili
2 tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
7 Japanese eggplants, trimmed, cut lengthwise into halves
1. Preheat grill to medium high.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the butter in a food processor and process until well combined and smooth, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Brush both sides of the eggplant halves with the oil mixture.
4. Place the eggplant skin side down on the grill. Grill for approximately 8 minutes per side until slightly charred and tender throughout.
5. Remove from the grill and place eggplant on serving dish. Drop a dollop of the prepared butter on each slice. If you have other items to grill, cover with foil until ready to serve.