Recipe by Anna Gill
1 -2 lb. cantaloupe, seeded and sliced into 2 to 2½ inch wedges
4 oz. Feta cheese (or a fresh Farmers’ cheese) at room temperature
½ cup good green olive oil
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup finely shredded mint, plus a few whole leaves for garnish
1. Preheat grill on high.
2. Brush both sides of the melon wedges with oil and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Grill the melon wedges, about 5 minutes per side until they are singed. Transfer the slices to a serving platter.
4. Brush or drizzle each wedge lightly with a tiny bit more oil.
5. Crumble the Feta cheese atop the melon.
6. Sprinkle with shredded mint and garnish with the whole leaves.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.