4 firm ripe bananas
Spray cooking oil*
1 pint vanilla ice cream
Hot Fudge Sauce
1 to 1½ cups whipped cream
4 pitted cherries or hulled strawberries**
*Pour a cup of Extra Light Olive Oil into a small spray bottle. Very effective for lightly coating food or pots and pans.
**These garnishes are optional and may be mixed and matched as desired.
1. Prepare your grill at a medium heat and let it heat up for at least 10 minutes.
2. Slice unpeeled bananas in half lengthwise. Spray both sides lightly with oil.
3. Warm the Hot Fudge Sauce and keep it warm until the assembly.
4. Fill a cup with hot water and place your ice cream scoop in it.
5. Place the banana halves on the grill cut side down. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Using tongs or a wide spatula and grill fork, carefully turn the banana halves over and grill for another minute or two.
7. Again using the same utensils, remove the banana halves from the grill to a plate cut side up.
8. Using two forks, gently prize the caramelized bananas to the serving plates, 2 to each plate.
9. Using the now slightly warmed ice cream scoop, place two scoops of ice cream on top of the bananas on each plate.
10 Drizzle the warmed Hot Fudge Sauce over the ice cream.
11. Sprinkle with nuts.
12. Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
13. Toss a few Sprinkles over the whole, top with a cherry or a strawberry and serve.