3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tsp. chopped basil
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
4 ripe apricots, halved & pitted
Spray vegetable oil
Whipped crème fraiche
1. Prepare the grill for medium high heat.
2. Mash together the butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt and set aside.
3. Lightly spray both sides of the apricots with the vegetable oil.
4. Place the apricots skin side down on indirect heat for approximately 4 minutes.
5. Turn the apricots over and grill for another 8 to10 minutes; given the variation in size and ripeness, it is wise to be cautious.
6. Meanwhile, heat the butter mixture in the microwave for 25 to 30 seconds, until very hot but not spattering.
7. Place apricots cut side up on serving plate, spoon butter mixture into the cavity. Scoop crème fraiche into the bowl of each apricot and sprinkle with fresh basil.