Recipe by Anna Gill
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tsp. chopped basil
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
4 ripe apricots, halved & pitted
Spray vegetable oil
Whipped crème fraiche
1. Prepare the grill for medium high heat.
2. Mash together the butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt and set aside.
3. Lightly spray both sides of the apricots with the vegetable oil.
4. Place the apricots skin side down on indirect heat for approximately 4 minutes.
5. Turn the apricots over and grill for another 8 to10 minutes; given the variation in size and ripeness, it is wise to be cautious.
6. Meanwhile, heat the butter mixture in the microwave for 25 to 30 seconds, until very hot but not spattering.
7. Place apricots cut side up on serving plate, spoon butter mixture into the cavity. Scoop crème fraiche into the bowl of each apricot and sprinkle with fresh basil.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.