Serves 4 for lunch
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup light cream
1/3 cup minced chives
Crab & Celeriac Salad:
6 ounces celeriac, peeled and trimmed into matchstick pieces
6 ounces fresh crabmeat.
8 1 inch thick slices of tomato
12 lightly steamed asparagus spears
Fresh Romaine leaves
1. In a small jar, combine the lemon juice and salt. Cover and shake to dissolve the salt. Add the cream and chives, and shake to blend. Taste for seasoning. Store, covered and refrigerated, for up to one week. Shake to blend again before using.
2. Place 1 cup of the dressing in a large, shallow bowl.
3. Julienne the celeriac. This is a perfect use for a mandoline..
4. Place the cut celeriac into the bowl with the dressing. Toss to evenly coat the celeriac.
5. At serving time, place a large fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl. Transfer the celeriac to the sieve and allow any excess dressing to drain off. Place the crabmeat in a small bowl and toss with just enough of the drained dressing to evenly coat the crabmeat. Add the celeriac to the crab and toss gently.
6. Arrange the Romaine, the asparagus and the tomatoes on four serving dishes. Mound of the dressed celeriac and crab on each of 4 salad plates. Place a mound of the crabmeat on top of the celeriac.