1 head fennel
½ red onion, very thinly sliced
1 red apple, thinly sliced and then slivered into matchstick shaped pieces
6 to 8 snow pea pods, slivered lengthwise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoon good green olive oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Trim the fennel and reserve the fronds. Halve the bulb lengthwise, and cut into very thin slices.
2. Place the fennel, the snow peas, apple and the onion into a large bowl.
3. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake the dressing thoroughly.
4. Drizzle the dressing slowly and judiciously over the vegetables. Toss all the ingredients together well. Let the salad sit for 20 to 40 minutes so the flavors and get use to each other.
5. Cut the fennel fronds into small pieces. Sprinkle the fronds over the slaw and serve.