4 medium bell peppers, tops removed, cored and de-seeded
1 cup cooked farro, prepared according to packager*
2 small to medium leeks, thinly sliced and minced
½ cup shredded parsley
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup white wine
3 tablespoons shredded cheese (Fontina, Swiss, Monterey Jack, etc)
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the leeks and sauté until transparent.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste and the wine to the leeks. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the cooked farro in a bowl. Add the leek mixture, the parsley and the cheese. Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Spoon the farro mixture into each of the prepared peppers.
- Bake the peppers for about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
*I prefer to cook farro in chicken broth rather than water.