Recipe by Anna Gill
Serves 6 to 8
12 oz. farro grain
4 cups cold water
2 teaspoons salt
5 or 6 medium ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped and drained
1 cup jicama, diced
¼ cup parsley, finely shredded
½ cup chives, minced
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
¼ cup good green olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
1. Place farro, water and salt in a good sized sauce pot and place over high heat. Bring all to a boil. Reduce the heat to a steady simmer for 15 minutes, until the faro is tender but still al dente.
2. Drain the faro. Rinse it briefly under cool water. Drain again and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar together well.
4. Add the remaining ingredients mixing well.
5. Add the cooled farro. Toss and serve.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.