Serves 6 to 8
12 oz. farro grain
4 cups cold water
2 teaspoons salt
5 or 6 medium ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped and drained
1 cup jicama, diced
¼ cup parsley, finely shredded
½ cup chives, minced
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
¼ cup good green olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
1. Place farro, water and salt in a good sized sauce pot and place over high heat. Bring all to a boil. Reduce the heat to a steady simmer for 15 minutes, until the faro is tender but still al dente.
2. Drain the faro. Rinse it briefly under cool water. Drain again and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar together well.
4. Add the remaining ingredients mixing well.
5. Add the cooled farro. Toss and serve.