2 cups cooked Chinese black rice (follow direction on individual brand)
2 cups fresh edamame beans
2 tablespoons good olive oil
6 tablespoons shredded mint leaves
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Add the edamame beads to the boiling water for approximately 2 minutes.
- Drain the beans thoroughly.
- In a serving bowl, mix the beans and the black rice with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Add the mint leaves and toss lightly. Add the additional oil as needed to moisten the mixture, but not overwhelm it.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds, salt and pepper and serve.