Two Muscovy duck breasts, halved (4 pieces)
¼ cup Dijon mustard
4 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
1 teaspoon leaves, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoons olive oil
Several grinds of fresh black pepper
1. In a sealable plastic bag, combine the mustard, olive oil, both thymes and the black pepper.
2. Score the skin side of the duck in a diamond pattern. Place duck breasts in the bag and coat with the mixture. Let marinate in the refrigerator for no less than 2 hours, but not more than 12 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350o.
4. Bring the duck to room temperature while the oven is heating.
5. Place duck breasts on a rack in a roasting pan, skin side down. Cover with half of the marinade and roast for 10 to 15minutes.
6. Turn breasts skin side up. Cover with the remaining marinade and roast for 20 to 30 minutes.
7. Transfer the duck to a cutting board and let stand for at least 3 minutes before slicing.
8. Slice the duck breasts crosswise ¼ inch thick. Spoon the dressing onto 4 large plates, fan the duck slices on top and serve.