6 soft flour tortillas
6 crisp corn tortillas
2 lbs. sweet sausage or ground pork, cooked until lightly browned
2 cups tomato salsa
2 cups Monterey Jack or “nachco” cheese
2 ears fresh corn, cooked and shaved from the cob
2 avocadoes, diced
1 cup tomatillo salsa
1 cup sweet peppers, diced
1 cup snow peas, slivered
1 cup zucchini, diced
1 cup radish, minced
1 cup jicama or celery root, diced
1 cup hummus
1 cup jalapeno chili, minced
1 cup crisp tart apple, diced
1 cup scallions, sliced thin
1 cup cilantro, shredded
1 cup leftovers, chopped or diced as appropriate
- Preheat the oven to 250º,
- Prepare a dish or basket lined with cloth napkins.
- Place each ingredient in its own bowl or dish and arrange on a Lazy Susan or distributed around the table.
- Warm the tortillas according to the directions and then place them in the prepared dish or basket and cover them with the ends of the napkins or cloth.
- Invite your family to create their own tacos and devise an appropriate name for each creation.