Recipe by Anna Gill
Serves: 10 to 12
6 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons malt vinegar
1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 tablespoon garlic scapes, minced
1 small head red cabbage
½ large red onion, thinly sliced
1. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine cream, vinegar, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Shake the dressing thoroughly and set aside.
2. Cut the cabbage in half lengthwise, remove the core, and cut cabbage into very fine shreds (this is when a mandoline comes in very handy).
3. Place the cabbage, the onion and the garlicscapes in a large bowl.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables. Toss all together lightly but making sure you bring up what is on the bottom of the bowl.
5. Let the flavors meld for at least an hour before serving.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.