Serves: 10 to 12
6 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons malt vinegar
1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 tablespoon garlic scapes, minced
1 small head red cabbage
½ large red onion, thinly sliced
1. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine cream, vinegar, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Shake the dressing thoroughly and set aside.
2. Cut the cabbage in half lengthwise, remove the core, and cut cabbage into very fine shreds (this is when a mandoline comes in very handy).
3. Place the cabbage, the onion and the garlicscapes in a large bowl.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables. Toss all together lightly but making sure you bring up what is on the bottom of the bowl.
5. Let the flavors meld for at least an hour before serving.