Serves: 6 to 8
6 large new potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise
2 hardboiled eggs, cooled, peeled and finely mashed with a fork
4 celery stalks, washed and diced
½ medium onion
⅓ cup pickle juice
½ cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
¼ to ⅓ cup minced fresh parsley
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold water. Bring the water to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are thoroughly cooked but can maintain their shape. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Using a box grater, grate the onion into a bowl, capturing all the “gratings” as well as the juice.
3. When the potatoes have cooled down enough to handle them easily, cut them into bite-sized cubes and place them in a large separate bowl.
4.Add the mayonnaise, mashed eggs, pickle juice and parsley to the bowl of grated onion and mix thoroughly. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
5. Add the celery to the bowl of potatoes.
6. Add the sauce to the bowl of potatoes and celery. Using a large spatula, fold the ingredients together gently enough not to break the potatoes apart.
7. Cover and store the potato salad in the refrigerator for 6 to 12 hours before serving if possible.