Recipe by Anna Gill
Makes 2 1/4 cups
1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 ¼ teaspoons finely grated orange peel
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
¼ teaspoon pale green cardamom pods, pulverized in a spice grinder or mini processor
1 vanilla bean
1. Combine first six ingredients in heavy medium saucepan.
2. Split vanilla bean lengthwise in half; scrape seeds into cranberry mixture and add bean.
3. Bring all ingredients to boil in heavy medium saucepan, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until most of cranberries burst, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
4. Cool completely.
5. Cover and refrigerate until one hour before serving.
6. Remove bean before serving.
ADVANCED PREP: Cranberry Sauce can be prepared 1 week ahead. Keep refrigerated.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.