1 egg, separated
⅓ cup flour
⅓ cup whole milk, heated
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 ½ cups corn kernels
1 tablespoon minced chives, plus 1 teaspoon for garnish
2 tablespoons sweet butter
1. Beat the egg yolk and set aside.
2. Add flour, milk, salt, pepper and the beaten egg yolk to a medium sized bowl and whisk briskly until well blended.
3. Add the corn and 1 tablespoon chives to the four mixture and stir well.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg white with a clean whisk until it is stiff but not dry.
5. Gently fold the egg white into the corn mixture.
6. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a hot skillet.
7. Spoon the batter into the skillet in round shaped fritters approximately 4 inch in diameter. Cook until the underside is a golden brown then turn gently. Cook the underside again until golden brown. Repeat with the additional butter as needed.
8. Place each fritter on the serving plate; sprinkle with the remaining chives and serve immediately.