Recipe by Anna Gill
1 tablespoons light olive oil
2 cups Brussel Sprouts, halved from stem end
2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced
1 large pear, peeled, cored and diced
1 cup apple cider
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Cook Brussels Sprouts cut side down, until browned. Turn and let the reverse side brown too, about 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Add the apples and the pear; cook until soft, 5 minutes.
4. Add the cider and the cinnamon; simmer, stirring, until all liquid cooks away.
5. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.