Serves: 2 to 3
2 to 3 cups cut up boneless chicken, dark meat preferred
1 large zucchini, cut into 1½ inch pieces
12 to 14 spears of asparagus, cut into 1½ inch pieces
1 large shallot, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1½ to 2 cups chicken broth
1½ cups dry white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup shredded parsley
¼ cup shredded basil
3 cups cooked (warm) basmati rice
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the shallots and sauté until translucent.
2. Add 1 cup of the chicken broth to the pan and heat it to a low simmer. Add the white wine and continue to simmer for a minute or two.
3. Add the chicken to the broth and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the asparagus and the zucchini, tossing them gently. Cook briefly until both vegetables are warmed through but still have a bit of bite, or are al dente.
5. Add the remaining liquids as needed to keep the mixture very moist while cooking.
6. Remove the mixture from the heat.
7. Toss with half the shredded herbs.
8. Put the rice in a large serving bowl. Add the chicken vegetable mixture to the rice, mix gently. Sprinkle the remaining herbs on top of the dish and serve.