Recipe by Anna Gill
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 large lime)
1 teaspoon lime zest
4 tablespoon safflower or peanut oil
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 large shallot, thinly sliced into rings
1½ teaspoon sea salt
8 chicken thighs
1 cup shredded basil leaves
1. Place the lime juice, zest, oil, soy sauce, shallots and salt into a large re-sealable plastic bag. Mix well.
2. Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour or up to eight hours. Turn the bag occasionally.
3. Preheat the broiler and place the first rack so the broiling pan is a least 8 to 10 inches from the flame.
4. Reserving the marinade, arrange chicken skin side down in the broiling pan and cook for approximately 8 minutes.
5. Turn the chicken pieces and brush with the marinade, reserving the balance. Cook under the broiler for another 7 to 8 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Let the chicken stand for 5 minutes.
7. Microwave the remaining marinade for a full minute.
8. Arrange the chicken on a serving dish. Spoon the heated marinade over the chicken and sprinkle with the shredded basil.
9. Serve with rice or quinoa.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.