2 tablespoons green olive oil
2 celeriac, about 1½ lbs. each, trimmed, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
1 large shallot, diced
2 cups milk
3 tablespoons sweet butter, room temperature
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
½ cup minced chives or parsley
1 cup hot water - optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the shallots and cook over medium to low heat until transparent.
- Add celeriac and cook, tossing with shallots for about 3 minutes.
- Lower the flame and add milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until celeriac is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Remembering that they are hot, place solids and liquids into a blender or processor and blend/process until the texture is smooth and creamy. Add hot water (or milk) to thin if needed.
- Add butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Blend or process briefly, until ingredients are well mixed.
- Place in a serving bowl, sprinkle with herb of choice and serve.