5 to 6 tablespoons sweet butter, melted
2½ tablespoons brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 small clove garlic, pressed or minced
3 lbs. parsnips, cleaned and julienned into 1/4” X 2½” to 3” pieces
Optional garnish: 2 tablespoons minced chives or shredded parsley
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Place the butter, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic in a sealable jar or a medium bowl. Shake or whisk thoroughly until the ingredients are emulsified.
- Place the parsnips in a medium-sized baking dish. Drizzle the blended ingredients over the top and toss to distribute.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil. Toss the parsnips and re-distribute the seasoning ingredients.
- Reduce oven to 375º. Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for another 30 to 35 minutes.
- Garnish as desired, or not and serve hot.