Recipe by Anna Gill
2 to 3 lbs. carrots (any color) peeled and sliced lengthwise and then in half, each not more than 3 inches long
½ cup brown sugar
Freshly ground black pepper
3 to 4 tablespoons lite olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Combine carrots, sugar, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl, tossing to coat well.
3. Line a large shallow baking dish with foil leaving enough foil overlap to enfold and seal the contents.
4. Place carrots in the foil lined baking dish in a single layer. Fold up the overlapping foil and seal.
5. Roast for about 30 to 40 minutes in the middle of the oven.
6. Open the foil and fold it back exposing the carrots to the heat directly.
7. Reduce the oven to 375o.
8. Roast the carrots for another 20 to 35 minutes, shaking them occasionally to prevent sticking and burning. Place in a bowl and serve.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.