1 pound dried capellini (or any long slender pasta)
½ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup chicken broth
2 teaspoon fresh chopped basil
¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus additional for finishing
⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus additional for finishing
1 cup baby arugula
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Place capellini in the boiling water, stir well and cook until al dente
3. While the pasta is cooking, heat oil and butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat.
4. Stir in garlic, lemon peel, lemon juice, broth, basil, salt and pepper and raise heat to medium-high. Bring to a gentle simmer, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
5. Drain pasta, return it to its cooking pot and immediately pour the heated sauce over it, along with the arugula and parsley. Gently toss the pasta and sauce together. Transfer pasta to heated serving bowl. Top with grated cheese, a light sprinkling of salt and freshly ground pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.