1 lb. ripe strawberries, stem and leaves removed then sliced vertically
1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, defrosted as instructed
1 cup whole milk ricotta
2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup strawberry jam
Optional: fresh mint leaves
Equipment: 14” retangular tart pan with removable bottom
Pie weights (or marbles, or dried beans)
- Heat oven according to the instructions on the pastry package.
- Roll out the defrosted dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Transfer the dough to the tart pan. Fold the edges over into the inside and press them gently into the inside and bottom of the tart.
- Line the dough with a sheet of aluminum foil, shiny side down.
- Fill the tart with pie weights.
- Bake for instructed by the dough packaging.
- Remove from the oven. Remove the weights and the foil lining.
- Return to the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the ricotta and the brown sugar well.
- Melt the strawberry jam in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Remove the tart crust from the oven.
- Spread the ricotta mixture along the bottom of the tart.
- Add the strawberries, in some evenly distributed pattern, as pleases you. Spoon or brush the melted jam across the top of the tart.
- Bake for an additional 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Garnish with mint leaves if desired and serve.