Recipe by Anna Gill
Serves: 3 or 4
3-4 garlic scapes, diced
¼ to ½ cup chopped ham
2 medium tomatoes, diced
4 stalks asparagus, sliced into ½ inch pieces
2 tablespoons melted butter
8 large eggs
½ cup milk
Salt & pepper to taste – take care if ham is salty
⅓ to ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 -9 to 10 inch ceramic/glass quiche dish or pie plate
1. Preheat oven to 375.*
2. Spread the melted butter around the dish.
3. Place scapes, ham, tomatoes and asparagus in the dish, distributing them evenly. Place dish in the microwave at HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper and chives. Whip mixture with a whisk attachment in an electric mixer until well blended and a bit frothy. Pour egg mixture into dish..
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully sprinkle cheese atop the half set mixture and return to the oven.*
6. Bake for another 15 to 25 minutes or until center is puffed up and set.
* If the cheese is put on too early it sinks to the bottom and stays there.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.