Serves: 3 or 4
3-4 garlic scapes, diced
¼ to ½ cup chopped ham
2 medium tomatoes, diced
4 stalks asparagus, sliced into ½ inch pieces
2 tablespoons melted butter
8 large eggs
½ cup milk
Salt & pepper to taste – take care if ham is salty
⅓ to ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 -9 to 10 inch ceramic/glass quiche dish or pie plate
1. Preheat oven to 375.*
2. Spread the melted butter around the dish.
3. Place scapes, ham, tomatoes and asparagus in the dish, distributing them evenly. Place dish in the microwave at HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper and chives. Whip mixture with a whisk attachment in an electric mixer until well blended and a bit frothy. Pour egg mixture into dish..
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully sprinkle cheese atop the half set mixture and return to the oven.*
6. Bake for another 15 to 25 minutes or until center is puffed up and set.
* If the cheese is put on too early it sinks to the bottom and stays there.